Friday 11 August 2017

Accumulation Betting: Week 1

WEEK 1 - AFL Multi

Welcome to week 1 and the humble beginnings of our accumulation betting journey.
As you can probably see by this initial bet, I've actually gone ahead and pissed all over some of the rules I set down in the beginning!
Why? Because, 1. I had a good, hard think about these selections and 2. I want to start this thing off with  a decent win and look like a fucking hero!
Now... Let's get to it!

GWS over Bulldogs.
This was always going to be a win for GWS. I wasn't too sure on the margin exactly, but I knew the kids at GWS would stand up this close to finals. There was no way in hell they were going to lose the former glory that is now the Western Bulldogs.
Juicy $1.73 odds made it a no brainer.

Brisbane over Gold Coast.
Initially I was going to give this one a wide birth, because as we've seen by history, when a club loses they're coach... they win the following game.
BUT! The omission of one Gary Ablett makes this a nice little booster for the multi.
There is no right or wrong here, it could easily go wither way, bit of a cripple fight to be honest. However, if you're looking to "have a punt" then don't go past these $1.52 odds.

Hawthorn over North Melbourne:
Now, I probably should have left this 2 game multi alone right now. After all, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing! But I kept looking and looking at this game... I watched a few fluctuations and spoke to a few Hawks fans. After last weeks lose and given there simplistic run home, I think they'll be looking to put North Melbourne to bed.
In addition, North is still no playing great football as the ladder indicates and with the return of Luke Hodge after announcing his retirement, the Hawks will be looking to fire up!
All in all, there is good reason why the odds only floating at $1.30.

All up we get combined odds of around $3.42 and taking advantage of Lad Brokes 'odds boost' promotion our total result amount should be $71.80!
Not a bad way to kick off our accumulation fund!

Question for this week: Would you have considered Collingwood Over Port Adelaide?

No comments:

Post a Comment